Clean Harbors is looking for an InSite District Manager to join their safety conscious team! The InSite District Manager is responsible for managing our dedicated labor service to our customers in a specific District or Districts. The InSite District Manager is responsible for operating each site to the specific Service Level Agreement, exceeding customer metrics. The District Manager works with each site lead on their career development and is responsible for ensuring properly trained staff on all customers’ sites. The District Manager is also responsible for ensuring we have backup staff trained at each site. The InSite District Manager is also responsible to ensure we are increasing our share of wallet at each customer’s site. The position may require travel away from home up to 50%.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Lead, innovate, coach and mentor with overall responsibility for the execution, growth and management of multiple customer programs within a Region. Foster and create optimal strategies and conditions to facilitate strong individual and team performance.
- Ensure efficient administration of contracts and ongoing customer and employee satisfaction by streamlining processes and removing barriers; being responsible for customer service and customer relationships to promote growth; partnering with local service branch, sales and other stakeholders (i.e. Purchasing, Logistics, Finance, etc.) as required.
- Increase revenue and profitability by leveraging business opportunities to grow revenue; foster a winning culture; ensure business strategies are translated into actionable plans and that team members are engaged and achieving or exceeding results.
- Promotes and delivers increased internal communication and coordination between Sales, Operations, Customer Service and Customers.
- Direct and optimize the utilization of personnel, equipment, tools and inventory to fulfil customer commitments and contracts. Actively manage maintenance, inventory, tools and equipment to ensure availability as/when required.
- Delivers usage of our company systems for Waste Inventory Management, Compliance Inspections and ensures our systems differentiate us from the competition.
- Innovation and Cost Savings – overall process improvement, cost savings and implementation are hallmarks of the InSite programs. The InSite District Manager challenges our staff to ensure we continue to improve our programs on an ongoing basis.
- New Program Start Ups / Implementation – each InSite District Manager will have new programs won annually. The District Manager works with the Implementation Manager on action items to properly prepare for the new program start up – including staffing the program, obtaining necessary equipment and overall program implementation. In some cases, the District Manager will oversee and execute the implementation on their own. Implementation includes standardized SOPs, hiring staff, written Scope of Work with customer, acquiring resources and all within a mutually agreed timeframe with the customer.
- Develops a strong relationship with their direct reports and their teams. Ensures that we identify employee and customer issues and address them timely. Properly trains employees, communicates career opportunities to teams and has an employee turnover rate below 10% per year.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Willing to travel away from home up to 50%.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ year industry management experience.
- Previous Employee Management Experience – past Branch Manager level experience or higher required.
- Strong business acumen; credible leader; able to effectively lead and manage a multi-site environment;
- Budgeting and financial management skills; P&L management experience preferred; customer relationship;
- 5+years of leadership experience with a large, multi-site, complex corporation is required. Experience must include experience preparing and managing budgets, forecasts and financial reports. Industry experience is a definite asset. Ideal candidate has previously managed an EH&S program for a hazardous waste generator with a staff of 4+ employees.
- Must be proficient with using the MS Office suite of applications and the ability to use or become proficient with other enterprise software applications;
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.