The Facility Operations Manager (Landfill Manager) will be responsible for ensuring the highest standards of environmental safety and operational excellence by effectively managing the day-to-day operations of the landfill including rail scheduling.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Enforce and maintain compliance with safety, employee safety and good housekeeping policies and programs.
- Maintain a safe, clean and efficient work environment by interpreting, training and directing personnel on SOP’s, best practice and company policies and procedures.
- Plan, establish, direct, and supervise the activities of the team members by communicating job expectations, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Analyze operations data to identify opportunities and drive action to improve and resolve them,
- Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, reports and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to safety, production and/or processing standards.
- Request and ensure timely follow-up on equipment repairs & service.
- Recommend and implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality and efficiency.
- Scheduling Rail for Landfill Shipments
- Ensures smooth operation of landfill: ongoing construction, permitting, leachate management, rail loading, rail scheduling.
- Accurately tracks waste volume and weight.
- Actively monitors ongoing permitting issues.
- Complies with and ensures adherence to Clean Harbors 365 Program.
- Conducts and/or attends and contributes to safety meetings to maintain working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Updates and submits required reports in a timely manner.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Business or related field,
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory and managerial experience (preferably in a Hazardous Waste Landfill or Municipal Landfill environment).
- Demonstrated experience in establishing, and operating within, cross-functional teams as well as the ability to significantly integrate within customer-centric organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work weekends occasionally as needed.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.