Our El Dorado, AR facility is looking for a Diesel Mechanic – responsible for conducting maintenance on our fleet of company vehicles, trucks, and heavy equipment. Work will be mainly based in the El Dorado, AR yard.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks and inspection on company vehicles and equipment (including tractors, trailers, tanks, box trucks, vacuum trucks)
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment, vehicles, and machinery
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair engines, transmissions, clutches, electrical and pneumatic systems, gearboxes, hydraulics, cooling systems, exhaust, brakes, suspensions, lights, etc. on a variety of yard equipment, heavy duty trucks, trailers, and other equipment
- Disassemble, inspect, and replace worn or broken parts. Fit and adjust new or repaired part
- Safely operate gauges, forklifts, shuttle truck, torches, grinders, and various hand and power tools
- Assist truck drivers with addressing outstanding vehicle issues
- Accurately record time, parts, and inspection checklists
- Move company equipment safely on yard as needed
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- 2+ years’ experience with heavy-duty trucks and equipment;
- Proven ability to install, troubleshoot, and repair electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brakes, diagnose engine repairs, and air systems;
- Reading and understanding technical blueprints is required;
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record, CDL License is an asset;
- Experience operating heavy equipment is a plus;
- Must have own tools;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, as well as proficiency in electronic work orders.
oin our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.