Clean Harbors is looking for a HR Support Manager to lead a team of HR Generalists to oversee and develop each person into HR Business Partners and provide needed support for the current field HR team. This leader will work closely with the HR Field to support our efforts on increase organization capability, ensure we have enough capacity, and enhance our culture. This will be done by determining which areas are best centralized to allow for efficiency and optimization and which are best done locally. This team is in the early stages of development and this is a great opportunity to set the path for the future.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Build and maintain a strong functional team through effective recruiting, training, coaching, team building, and succession planning
- Contribute to the strategic direction and formulation of corporate-wide HR policies, procedures, systems, and initiatives
- Coordinate HR team for updates and upgrades to products and systems and, when necessary, issue resolution
- Define and communicate internally-set quality standards; ensure that all aspects of HR Ops work to achieve satisfactory quality and consistency
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve processes, systems and technology, measurement practices, and metrics reporting for the HR community
- Direct, coordinate, and advise HR Ops-related activities
- Elicit feedback regarding the effectiveness of HR Ops services and activities and, when appropriate, modify activities
- Ensure that current and future business needs are reflected in the development and implementation of HR strategies or plans and that all projects and deliverables are aligned with strategic enterprise objectives
- Foster and maintain strong internal relationships with key HR and business leaders
- Manage initiatives to drive operational excellence, including six sigma and other approaches across HR Ops
- Prioritize projects and activities and appropriately delegate and allocate work among staff members
- Provide vision, leadership, planning, project coordination, and management for the development of a cost-effective department
- Supervise the development of actionable, proactive metrics that drive forecasting capabilities and strategic insights
- Support larger HR initiatives by ensuring continuity and successful delivery of functional services
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Ability to coordinate and manage complex cross-functional projects given multiple competing priorities or perspectives
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment in building relationships across all organizational levels and functions
- Ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations that require sound decision making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and management skills and high professional standards for customer service and work quality
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, deductive reasoning, inductive reasoning, and analytical skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical or financial information to a non-technical audience
- Experience with relevant HR systems, applications, and tools; metrics, data, and business intelligence tactics; and lean process improvement strategies (e.g., six sigma techniques)
- Significant business and financial acumen, as well as general HR functional knowledge
- Superior project management skills, particularly with respect to organization, prioritization, and time management
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, organizational development, or a related degree required
- 6+ years of experience in HR operations or a similar function required ideally including both Canadian and USA operations.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems, basic HR measurement, and process improvement techniques required
- 4+ years of supervisory and project management experience preferred
- Advanced degree in human resources, business, or information technology preferred
- Experience in metrics reporting and analysis preferred
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.