Clean Harbors is seeking a Jr Human Resources Generalist to join their safety conscious team! Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Generalist, the Junior Human Resources Generalist is responsible for day to day shared services coordination and administrative support to the HR Support team, as well as first level HR Generalist responsibilities.
The Junior Human Resources Generalist will assist in HR Administration support within the shared services HR Support Team, including and not limited to: HR Support processes, administrative changes to employee records using the HRIS system, employee lifecycle documentation, data management and reporting.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Support the HR Support team members in ensuring the corporate teams are supported in all Human Resource capacities;
- Responsible for timely and accurate data entry, and the integrity and maintenance of that data, in the HR Systems;
- Maintain electronic personnel files within HR System, including but not limited to uploads, file downloads, information updates, and legal requests.
- Create and maintain reporting systems to track and report a variety of Human Resource activities, provide weekly/biweekly reporting to various stakeholders;
- Conduct/maintain a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices, and assist in company policy management;
- Coordinate and manage the central HR Support email resource, tracking and routing incoming and outgoing correspondence, alert team members for high priority items, lead the Mail Out services (postal, courier, etc) ensuring a high rate of customer satisfaction;
- Assist in developing and monitoring HR Support shared services processes to ensure timely input and responses;
- Identify ongoing needs or problems that require research, analysis and resolution, in order to meet the changing business requirements;
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with internal and external customers;
- Actively participate as a member of the HR Support Team in achieving the Team’s Goals, the Company’s Goals, support a corporate culture of excellence, and uphold the company's key values;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by HR Support members.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Diploma or Degree Required. Focus on Human Resources Preferred;
- Good communication skills;
- 2 years previous administrative support experience. Working knowledge of Human Resource Practices and Information systems.
- Strong excel skills required. Proven business acumen.
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information with integrity and professionalism
- Confidence in responding to inquiries and working in a deadline-oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to construct and analyze data
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated initiative in recognizing opportunities for improved efficiency
- Ability to successfully communicate with all levels of the organization
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team as a unit
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions, and prioritize workload effectively
- Proven business acumen, ability to deal with ambiguity, stakeholder awareness, and organizational literacy
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.