Clean Harbors Tacoma, WA location is looking for a Refinery Shift Supervisor to join their safety conscious team. The Refinery Shift Supervisor is responsible for directing and supervising the operating activities during the designated shift. He/she will be responsible for supervising up to 20 employees, scheduling, training, and overseeing maintenance activities and process in the tank farm and VGO side of the refinery.
Why work for Emerald Services?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Premium pay for overtime.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner always;
- Directs and supervises the operating activities of the designated shift;
- Coordinate logistics of the refinery, including but not limited to: ensuring proper inbound/outbound traffic maintained, aid in strategy development, coordinate railcar switches;
- Ensures that all operating activities during the assigned shift are completed within all federal, state, and local regulations;
- Manages work assignments, resolves problems and ensures a safe, efficient operation;
- Ensures all compliance and safety rules are met;
- Trains, coaches and directs staff;
- Evaluates performance and offers feedback to employee and next level management;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the business.
What does it take to work for Emerald Services?
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Post-secondary technical training and/or Certification (Engineering) preferred;
- Experience in refinery operations preferred;
- Operational background preferred (planning, training, and maintenance);
- 3+ years of supervisory or related experience preferred;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software;
- Good verbal and written communications skills, solid knowledge of core business and excellent leadership skills;
- Ability to work day and night shift on rotation;
- Previous experience in a physically intensive position preferred;
- Mechanical aptitude;
- Boiler and/or Forklift certification is an asset.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Emerald Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Clean Harbors, is the leading marine and industrial tank cleaning company and a major recycler of oil and wastewater in the Pacific Northwest. We are a full service environmental partner for automotive, commercial and industrial services that responsibly divert and renew the planet’s waste stream through industrial cleaning and spill response, solvent recycling and disposal, and lastly, used oil collection and repurposing.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.