The Accounting Manager will manage all aspects of the General Ledger process including journal entry preparation, consolidated financial statement preparation, financial analysis, and coordination and support of external audits. In addition, contributes to short-term financial forecasting and budgets.
The role is responsible for organizing, executing and constantly improving the financial close process across numerous operating sites, offices and legal entities. In addition, the position is responsible for controls documentation, internal control compliance, as well as maintaining and monitoring segregation of duties.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401k with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Prepare reconciliations of specialized balance sheet accounts that are more complex in nature; Reconcile sub-systems to general ledger;
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries;
- Prepare account analyses of the more complex balance sheet accounts with month to month changes and year to year changes;
- Act as Key Liaison with external auditors for quarterly and annual filings; answer questions from external auditors and provide support as needed;
- Support the field and other business units regarding payroll, revenues, expenses, prepaids, accruals, etc. and other journal entry or monthly questions that arise;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements;
- Prepare financial information included in footnotes and management discussion of 10Qs and 10Ks; Prepare some of the more difficult footnotes under the Corporate Accounting responsibility;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and participate in the forecasting process as needed;
- Responsible for reporting to supervisor potential control deficiencies noted, procedural changes that have occurred or may occur which may require update to SOX documentation, and for suggesting improvements to the financial control environment;
- Responsible for reading, comprehending, and following the applicable narratives pertaining to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements;
- Assist management with Ad Hoc projects that are time sensitive and have high visibility;
- Help train and mentor other members of the accounting department.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required;
- 5+ years of Public Accounting experience required;
- CPA required;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required;
- Proficiency in Windows based applications & Accounting information systems;
- Ability to prioritize between multiple tasks;
- Ability to recognize and investigate unusual amounts on financial statements;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Team player;
- Analytical and detail-oriented;
- Proficiency in PeopleSoft or similar ERP software preferred.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.