The Environmental Compliance Manager is responsible for providing compliance support to Clean Harbors US based operating facilities.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Applies for original permits and maintains a schedule for renewals, reporting and provisions of all required environmentally related permits.
- Identifies problems and recommends corrections; priorities and conducts follow-ups on corrections regarding areas of non-compliance or potential non-compliance.
- Advises corporate and facility management regarding procedural and operational measures to be taken to correct or minimize non-compliant activities with regard to environmental regulations.
- Prepares and maintains the required environmentally related plans and procedures for the facility.
- Prepares reports and documents as required by regulatory agencies and corporate and facility management.
- Serves as liaison between facilities and outside contractors, and regulatory personnel on all environmentally related activities. Coordinates and accompanies regulatory personnel during all facility inspections. Coordinate environmental audits of each facility by customers.
- Acts as an alternate Emergency Coordinator by responding to significant accidents, incidents, and complaints. Prepares and submits all required notifications/reports in a timely manner in the event of the implementation of the Contingency Plan.
- Attends workshops, seminars, training courses and professional development programs and monitors regulatory changes for the purpose of insuring compliance with upcoming changes in federal, state and local rules and regulations
- Provides responses to compliance, sales, field personnel and customers concerning federal, state and local environmental regulations.
- Performs audits of internal and external facilities to ensure effectiveness of compliance programs.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- Manages the electronic inspection system for the facility.
- Participate in other compliance projects as needed.
- Non-routine travel to plants and field jobs as needed.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- BS/BA required
- BS/BA in Environmental Science or Engineering preferred
- 2+ Years of compliance experience
- Knowledge of and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Nebraska laws/regulations and Department of Transportation (DOT) (required)
- RCRA, 40 CFR hazardous waste management and air standards required
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.