Safety-Kleen's Refinery in Breslau, Ontario is looking for a Maintenance Planner to join their safety conscious team. Our Maintenance Planner will be reporting to the Refinery Maintenance Manager and be a key member of the site's maintenance and reliable team.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Facilitate outsourced maintenance repair requests with field employees, management, and the internal maintenance organization;
- Review maintenance history and determine best course of action for repair request
- Follow repair process from quote to repair completion and communicate status of repair timeline to all necessary parties;
- Track all repairs in the Clean Harbors Asset Management system including repair order notes, quotes, inspection forms, purchase orders, and final invoices
- Facilitate and communication between maintenance and the other onsite departments in the refinery;
- Review all quotes and identify areas where repair cost can be reduced / eliminated;
- Create Purchase Orders for approval by management based on quotes received from vendors;
- Receives and matches invoices and any other documents for discrepancies;
- Drive utilization of preferred vendor network and train field employees on maintenance procedures and processes.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
- 3 years' experience in a Maintenance Planner position or related;
- Previous experience working in an Industrial or Manufacturing environment required;
- Ability to create actionable items out of data and information;
- Ability to use computer and applicable company software.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications - MS Excel, MS Outlook;
- Able to apply standards and processes that maintain regulatory compliance;
- Strong leadership and personnel development skills;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Ability to facilitate/train others, and ability to navigate and handle difficult conversations.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Safety-Kleen? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK ™
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role. Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Clean Harbors welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.