The Insite Tech. Chemist is responsible for the performance of tasks associated with hazardous waste clean-up, site-remediation, equipment decontamination and handling of hazardous materials. Transitioning Military, this is a great opportunity to leverage your skills and training as you return to civilian life. These positions offer the opportunity to work as part of a team and grow and advance from entry-level to management at Clean Harbors.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time
- Operate light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, vacuum, equipment, oil spill boom, generators, bobcats, etc., tank cleaning, hydro excavating & hydro blasting
- Performs emergency response activities including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, etiological and biological contamination, tank cleaning, equipment decontamination, etc.
- Works in atmospheres and locations with the potential for exposure to various chemical and physical agents, some of which may be hazardous, toxic or corrosive.
- Works in potentially elevated noise levels, confined spaces, including lifting in areas of low clearance.
- Working at elevations including working from ladders and scaffolding.
- Completion of associated paperwork, including but not limited to daily worksheets, vehicle inspections, equipment inspections and Health and Safety requirements and permits.
- Quick and immediate response when on call, secure coverage for shift and communicate your replacement's name to the coordinator.
- High School diploma or equivalency required
- 6+ months related experience
- Because of the emergency response and operational nature of the position, it will require some on-call availability. This could also include week-ends and holidays.
- Must be able to travel overnight on occasion
- Will be required to complete confined space entry (CSE) and 40 Hour OSHA Training
- Possess and maintain clean driving record.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market. For many positions, we have implemented a Competency Based Progression and Pay Program, which directly rewards employees for developing increased proficiency in their key job functions through training and experience. At Clean Harbors you are offered unique opportunities for all stages of your career. Clean Harbors offers all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive annual salary (CBPP Competency Based Pay Program)
- Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- 401K, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training
To learn more about our company visit us at www.cleanharbors.com We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role. Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Landscaper, construction, laborer