Clean Harbors is currently seeking a Sales Tax Manager (Internally known as Tax Director) to join our team in Norwell, MA. Our tax department is an ideal place to gain exposure to various areas of corporate finance. In this fast paced and dynamic environment, individuals focus on attaining financial efficiency through partnering with the business to develop global processes, provide financial analysis, and manage financial operations as Clean Harbors continues to grow in the North American marketplace.
Position will be located onsite at company headquarters in Norwell, MA.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Responsible for the management of all US sales and use tax compliance and Canadian GST/HST/PST compliance;
- Manage Canadian transaction tax audit controversy, including the communications with the taxing jurisdiction, the management of the audit process, the documentation of issues and eventual resolution;
- Responsible for the preparation of Canadian income tax returns;
- Assist in merger and acquisition research and analysis, including sales and use tax due diligence activities, exposure analysis and transaction tax integration;
- Monitor tax regulatory developments and tax law changes, and communicate to the tax team including technical analysis to support nexus determinations, tax decision issues, exemption issues, and other areas of technical analysis;
- Ensure compliance with SOX 404 policies and procedures;
- Mentor and provide training and support to sales and use tax personnel;
- Work with MIS to continually improve and automate processes;
- Manage India GCC tax support function.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 7+ years of applicable tax experience, preferably including a management role within a sales and use tax function in the corporate environment;
- Intermediate knowledge of and experience with sales and use tax principles and law;
- Strong foundation of tax technical, analytical and compliance skills and experience, including process design;
- Industry experience with a large, publicly traded multinational company is a plus;
- Experience with most major sales and use tax systems;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access;
- Experience with Peoplesoft and Thomson Reuters OneSource is a huge plus;
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field;
- Demonstrated analytical and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Strong research skills;
- Ability to use own judgment and initiative in problem resolution;
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks;
- Detail and process oriented;
- Ability to interact and team with professionals in various functional areas to resolve complex tax issues throughout the organization;
- Ability to represent company with internal and external clients .
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.