Clean Harbors Hammond, IN is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to join their safety conscious team! This position will be responsible for maintenance, repair and function tests on Hydro Vac, Vactor, and Foremost equipment. The ideal candidate has experience in hydrovac operation and repair, knowledge of hydraulics, and ability to trouble-shoot electrical systems.
1st shift schedule (7:00 am to 3:30 pm), Shop environment, and overtime eligible.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages, weekly pay structure;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments!
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks, repair and function tests on Hydro Vac, Vactor, and Foremost equipment;
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment, and machinery;
- Perform work as outlined in repair order;
- Accurately record time, parts, and inspection checklists;
- Move company equipment safely on yard as needed;
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair Hydro Vac, Vactor, and Foremost equipment;
- Disassemble, inspects and replace worn or broken parts. Fit and adjust new or repaired parts;
- Diagnose and repair vehicle malfunction;
- Install and test hydraulic systems;
- Safely operates gauges, forklifts, shunt truck, torches, grinders, and various hand and power tools;
- Uphold federal, state and local regulations governing the disposal of hazardous waste;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Mechanic experience with Hydro Vac, Vactor, and Foremost equipment;
- Previous welding experience is an asset;
- Must have own basic tools up to ½ inch;
- Valid driver’s license, clean MVR required;
- Experience operating equipment is an asset.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class. Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.