The Central Logistics Coordinator is responsible for reducing Clean Harbors outside transportation expense by utilizing internal resources and low cost vendors and coordinating efficient transportation routing. Coordinators oversee the management of the central logistics WinWeb systems, vendor PO requests, and the master schedule.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety in the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Responsible for timely movement of waste pickups and transportation requests to ensure 100% customer satisfaction;
- Daily communication with field operations including national transportation general managers, sales teams, and project managers; communication will consist of transportation coverage and progress updates;
- Responsible for developing and maintaining logistics schedules. Schedules are to be completed 1 week in advance with the designated TTT, plant or field representatives;
- Daily compliance and real time use of the WinWeb System. This includes electronic shipping in the Hub Management systems and or in the Logistics Workbench. Electronic shipping must be real time;
- Purchase order verification through Hub Management systems or through the Logistics Workbench. Ensure the shipping lanes match the negotiated rate and that the vendor has correctly submitted the information through our electronic system;
- Coordination of efficient routing. Responsible for directing the hubs / plants and field operations to properly load and ship in the most cost effective manner;
- Approval of subcontracted transportation and administration / approval of Peoplesoft PO’s;
- Strong customer service performance. Ensure field has all transportation needs covered. Build strong vendor relations;
- Responsible for obtaining subcontracted transportation rates for all business units within Clean Harbors. Communicate rates and schedules in timely fashion to requestor;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- 3-5 years’ experience in transportation and hazardous material preferred;
- Ability to generate reports through computer systems;
- Knowledge of Clean Harbors operations;
- Strong organization and communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple employees;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks;
- Ability to work in fast paced environment;
- Requires near acuity, speaking and listening;
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, grasping and reaching;
- Requires lifting, pulling and or pushing, carrying, stooping and crouching and color determination.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.