Clean Harbors Claycomo, MO is looking for an Environmental Waste Program Manager to join their safety conscious team! This team member leads and manages a team of employees in supporting the execution of a client’s environmental management program at a large manufacturing facility. The Environmental Waste Program Manager serves as the client’s main contact and primary interface with Clean Harbors daily. They are responsible for and manage the client’s hazardous waste program.
1st shift, Monday-Friday, hours as needed
Position supports and reports to a customer site
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Establish baseline audit protocol for all new waste programs; Communicate and document scope of compliance parameters for each Project location;
- Adhere to Health and Safety Practices of at all times while on site; Communicate H&S feedback with technical Services, H&S efforts upon request, including data capture, site review, and delivery of training content if needed;
- Complete daily reports such as Excel spreadsheets and Database usage;
- Complete environmental Waste Characterizations, Land Disposal Restriction form, Manifest, Bill of Lading and all other required regulatory forms;
- Ensure that all environmental data is accurate and entered in a timely fashion;
- Conduct facility wide compliance audits to include inspections of staging, accumulating and storage areas to ensure proper housekeeping procedures and compliance;
- Manage waste storage area and ensure that material is properly packaged, profiled and labeled prior to shipment.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required (B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or Environmental Science preferred);
- 5+ years of environmental experience;
- 5+ years of experience running a hazardous waste program;
- 3+ years of experience running a hazardous waste program at a Government facility and working with Government Contracts;
- Management experience in areas of budgets, record keeping, supervision, planning and liability;
- Ability to develop and deliver training materials and programs related to environmental health, safety, and hazardous materials management;
- Familiarity with regulatory status requirements of Small and Large Quantity Generators, such as RCRA, DOT etc.;
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, puling and/or pushing, stooping and crouching;
- Requires lifting, carrying, grasping, speaking and listening.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.