Our Tacoma, WA location is currently seeking an Operator Oil Recycling Sr. The Operator Oil Recycling Sr. is responsible for tank re-refinery process operations, recording tank gauge readings and for completing tank transfers and other associated paperwork along with assisting other team members when required. Schedule is 12 hour shift- 2 days on 2 days off, 3 days on 3 days off with rotation between days and nights every 2 month.
Why work for Emerald Services?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance after 30 days of active employment;
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training;
- Competitive hourly wages with opportunity for overtime, as per collective agreement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion.
Perform all assigned tasks ensuring that safety is the number one priority. Perform all requested duties and maintain an advanced understanding and in-depth knowledge of the Re-Refinery process and facility. Complete all training and certifications as assigned, maintain current certifications as needed.
Complete day-to-day operational tasks, which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a clean work area, including all office areas, locker rooms, tank farm, tower, parking lot, and rail spots;
- Following the direction of the lead operator handle all plant operations and perform necessary adjustments to the plant;
- Follow proper tower operating procedure regarding swapping and cleaning of tower strainers; know and understand which strainers need to be swapped and cleaned during a day shift, and which swapped and cleaned during a night shift;
- Change out flame arrestor and clean every shift;
- Change out oxidizer head and clean every shift;
- Perform hourly rounds of the boiler and complete the hourly boiler log;
- Monitor and collect as necessary all sump water, contact water and off gas waste; all totes and drums generated must be properly labeled and placed in the appropriate collection area;
- Assist oil operator recycling (tank farm operator) and lead operator as needed;
- Assist or perform any necessary or requested preventive maintenance in the facility including dry vac and pump PM’s;
- Perform or assist with all tower preventive maintenance operations;
- Assist in the training of new employees;
- Sample tanks and production lines as needed and per daily sampling guidelines;
- Follow all established sampling procedures for tanks, railcars and the facility;
- Operate Equipment as needed – Forklift, Manlift, etc.;
- Replace PPE drums as necessary/Pump up Re-Use drums as needed;
- Empty all containment bins and replace all dirty oil absorbent pads at end of each shift;
- Communicate problems/issues found with your Lead Operator and/or Supervisor;
- Input work tickets for all equipment that requires repair and perform the necessary repair if possible;
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment as directed;
- Come to work ready to work at shift change; clean shaven in compliance with the OSHA fit test and Clean Harbors respirator policy, steel toed boots, fire resistant coveralls, hard hat and safety glasses;
- Utilize proper PPE for the assigned task to include, but not limited to; steel toed boots, coveralls, safety glasses, hard hat, gloves, hearing protection, fall protection, rain gear, Tyvek coveralls when necessary;
- All other duties as assigned by supervision.
What does it take to work for Emerald Services?
- Previous experience working in a labor intensive role is required;
- Previous production /manufacturing experience is preferred;
- Previous years of refinery operations experience is an asset;
- Previous forklift experience is an asset;
- Valid driver’s license is preferred.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Emerald Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Clean Harbors, is the leading marine and industrial tank cleaning company and a major recycler of oil and wastewater in the Pacific Northwest. We are a full service environmental partner for automotive, commercial and industrial services that responsibly divert and renew the planet’s waste stream through industrial cleaning and spill response, solvent recycling and disposal, and lastly, used oil collection and repurposing.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.