The Driver Trainer is responsible for conducting all classroom and hands-on driver training, preparing Clean Harbor’s Drivers for work readiness, with an ability to operate designated equipment safely and efficiently. They will help new drivers foster a positive employment relationship with Clean Harbors, while promoting proper equipment operation and compliance with environmental, transportation, health and safety requirements. The Driver Trainer will maintain collaborative relationships with corporate talent acquisition, central training and other regional onboarding centers of excellence. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Talent Acquisition and Onboarding.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Leading Environment Sustainability and Circular Economy Efforts
- Spirited and passionate team who display core values of safety, teamwork, integrity, customer service and stakeholder value
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Conduct classroom training to ensure driver candidates are knowledgeable and aware of all relevant company policies, procedures and standards;
- Makes and recommends employment decisions based on the driver candidates' initial eligibility, progress and successful completion of the driver training program;
- Validate that driver candidates have completed all necessary steps and are approved for on-the-job training (OJT);
- Conduct OJT for designated equipment. Document the OJT record and discuss findings with the driver candidates;
- Conduct and document road tests (between 30 and 50 miles), encompassing diverse road and traffic conditions for each piece of equipment;
- Evaluate the candidates driving ability and conduct exams to validate knowledge;
- Complete and submit all necessary documents including: Solo Approval documents, DE Form, Road Test and Drivers Statement of On-Duty Hours forms;
- Conduct Solo Approvals on Qualified Drivers to validate their readiness to work in the field;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, classed and endorsed for the vehicles(s) he / she will be providing training; one year of driving experience with Clean Harbors preferred;
- Must have a clean driving record and have no disciplinary actions within the past 12 months;
- Must have a clean Health and Safety record;
- Must have a current DQ File, Solo Approval and DOT Medical Card documents;
- Must be current in all required training, including Haz Mat, RCRA, FMCSA, Security and Samsara;
- Ability to work in diverse, physical conditions and lift up to 35 lbs.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.