The Senior Compensation Business Partner will participate in the administration of Clean Harbor’s Compensation strategies, processes, and guidelines to positively contribute to the employee experience. Will work directly with Business leaders and functional teams to implement, standardized, compensation processes and solutions.
*This is a remote role and can sit anywhere in the U.S.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Administer broad based compensation processes by administering system tools, generating reports, ensuring data accuracy, providing analysis and guidance, interfacing with business leaders and functional teams.
- Analyze and interpret data and apply job evaluation and benchmarking best practices to develop compensation ranges aligned with compensation philosophy and company direction
- Implement compensation strategies, processes, and guidelines in alignment with business objectives to provide timely and accurate compensation data
- Provide key HR stakeholders and business partners with detailed compensation analyses, addressing internal equity, external competitiveness, and cost-effectiveness
- Monitor compensation market trends to ensure market competitiveness
- Analyze job profiles, position management, market pricing, salary structure, and incentive compensation eligibility to ensure alignment with HR and business strategies
- Utilize reporting platforms to maintain an accurate and current compensation database
- Assist with forecasting and budget analyses for annual compensation tracking and rewards
- Collaborate with HR Managers and Director to provide recommendations that simplify and improve compensation review procedures with an emphasis on accuracy and productivity
- Participate in industry surveys and special projects including compensation communication, incentive compensation development, compliance reviews, etc.,
- Conduct external market and internal equity analysis and provide managers and/or Human Resources with total compensation recommendations (New Hire Offers, Promotions, Job Changes, Market/Equity Adjustments);
- Serve as project lead for major compensation initiatives (i.e. job evaluations, market pricing, standardizing pay practices, acquisition integration, Competency-Based Pay for direct labor employees, etc.);
- Partner with HR Information Services, Corporate Information Services (MIS) and payroll in the design and development of compensation systems and reporting solutions that support job evaluation, market pricing and external compensation analysis, internal equity analysis; incentive compensation management;
- May be assigned other duties to help proactively drive the vision and align with our organization’s core values.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- CCP preferred but not required;
- 5+ years relevant experience;
- Previous experience with market survey data and systems such as ERI and PayFactors;
- Superior analytical & project management skills; Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Expertise with common reporting and analytical systems including Excel (required), MS Access (preferred), Data Warehouse (preferred), PeopleSoft ERP (preferred);
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment;
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.