Clean Harbors’ Deer Park Facility is looking for an PLC Programmer to join their safety conscious team. The PLC Programmer is responsible for the efficient, safe, and reliable operating condition of the facility’s instrumentation and electrical systems. The Manager must be multi-skilled to manage, maintain, and troubleshoot electrical power systems, instrumentation, motor controls, PLC, HMI, and data systems. Additionally, the Manager oversees facility technicians and directs the modification and installation of control systems and facilitates projects with little or no supervision.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Extensive knowledge and experience in troubleshooting/repairing Instrumentation and Electrical hardware in a heavy industrial environment
- Experience in programming/maintaining/troubleshooting PLC with an (ABB SYSTEM)- DCS across multiple platforms in a heavy industrial environment
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Demonstrates a high-level knowledge in process controls including detailed understanding of the process, ability to optimize the parameters and optimize the measurable outcomes while minimizing risks of hazards.
- Demonstrates a proactive commitment to safety by taking the time to understand risks and completing all required safety training
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of P&IDs and instrumentation/control equipment in an industrial environment.
- Demonstrates, optimizes, and instructs an expert knowledge of the control methods, analog and discrete and the critical components to developing sustainable control algorithms.
- Proficient experience in implementing control methodology in DCS, PLC or HMI platforms with a high level of understanding of various programming languages. Able to easily adapt to a new platform with development support.
- Ability to optimize design and implement knowledge of control system architecture including hardware, software, instrumentation, and networking equipment.
- Proficient understanding of analog advanced control and batch control and ability to lead implementation
- Demonstrates leadership in loop checking, startup, troubleshooting and commissioning support in an industrial environment.
- Proficient ability to understand control philosophy and write functional requirement specifications based on expected functionality including description of control loops, interlocks, and alarms.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Journeyman Electrician certification preferred
- Five years or more experience in an Instrumentation/ Engineering environment
- Distributed control system experience and/or CEM experience required
- Displays ambition for learning new processes, platforms, or other new offerings at Clean Harbors
- Displays leadership abilities including honesty, integrity, and professionalism across all aspects of the business.
- Demonstrates a willing, can-do attitude by actively participating in projects.
- Exhibits proficiency and personal accountability for project performance
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.