The MIS Project Manager oversees a team of information systems professionals who are engaged in various projects working directly with the Executive Management. The MIS Project Manager is responsible for managing a range of project initiatives focused in the .Net technologies, BI, Data Warehousing and Reporting space. This includes identifying and managing cross-project dependencies, being the point of contact for escalations and has oversight of the purpose, status and priority of the projects in a program to ensure the program goals are met. The MIS Project manager is also responsible for overseeing production support of completed projects.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Plan and schedule project goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders;
- Business Analysis of Cleanharbors applications;
- Coach, mentor, and lead a diverse group of lean/agile software engineers;
- Work with product owners across the businesses to understand market needs & vision; quickly translate that vision into demonstrable applications;
- Quickly define and deliver working software prototypes;
- Collaborate with product owners and architects to develop multi generation software technology plans. Work directly with stakeholders to understand business and technical needs;
- Communicate effectively with immediate team and leadership, ensuring team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy, and results;
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as architecture, backend integration, QA, etc;
- Status reporting;
- Responsible for delivery on-time and on-Quality. Establish process rigor;
- Show productivity improvement over time for KPIs.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Majors in Business preferred;
- 10+ years of experience. Alternative combinations of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of degree;
- Project Management Professional Certification preferred;
- Must have implemented agile projects and well versed with agile methodologies;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial while also being persuasive, encouraging, and motivating;
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential;
- .Net and SQL Server projects management experience is desired;
- 5+ years managing development teams of 6+ engineers;
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Agile (Scrum or XP), test & behavior driven development, continuous integration, and version control;
- Experience working with near shore/offshore teams;
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies. Strong leadership skills, excellent verbal, written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.