The Mobile Application Development Manager is responsible for building and leading an agile software development team with focus on new innovative software. The Mobile Application Development Manager oversees the design, development, and delivery of mobile solutions across iOS platform. The Mobile Application Development Manager will help establish mobile framework, implement standard development processes, drive implementation of guidelines, and develop key Cleanharbors applications.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Plan and schedule project goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders;
- Prototyping, designing, and business analysis of mobile applications;
- Partnering with the stakeholders and end users to translate ideas, high level specifications into new or enhanced mobile application solutions;
- Mentoring junior resources and provide guidance ensuring all development standards and practices are adhered to;
- Pursues continuous improvement in development processes, standards and quality;
- Coach, mentor, and lead a diverse group of lean/agile software engineers;
- Work with product owners across the businesses to understand market needs & vision; quickly translate that vision into demonstrable applications;
- Quickly define and deliver working software prototypes;
- Collaborate with product owners and architects to develop multi generation software technology plans. Work directly with stakeholders to understand business and technical needs;
- Communicate effectively with immediate team and leadership, ensuring team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy, and results;
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as architecture, backend integration, QA, etc;
- Status reporting;
- Responsible for delivery on-time and on-Quality. Establish process rigor;
- Show productivity improvement over time for KPIs.
The ideal Mobile Application Development Manager will hold a Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field combined with 8+ years of experience in software product development and delivery using software development languages and frameworks such as Objective C, Swift, Java, or .NET. The ideal Mobile Application Development Manager is preferred to also have the following skills, knowledge, and abilities, including but not limited to:
- 4+ years hands-on experience developing mobile applications running on iOS and Android platform;
- 6+ of hands-on experience developing RESTful micro-service based applications;
- 5+ years managing development teams of 6+ engineers;
- 4+ years skills in Java, Objective C, Swift, Android Studio, and related SDKs;
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Agile (Scrum or XP), test & behavior driven development, continuous integration, and version control;
- Experience working with near shore/offshore teams;
- Highly proficient with xCode/iOS/Objective-C/Swift development OR Java/Android Studio/Android SDK/3rd Party SDK development;
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles;
- Demonstrable experience in developing iOS and Android apps and deploying to Google Play and Apple stores;
- Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), using SQL Database such as MS SQL, Azure SQL, Oracle, No-SQL etc;
- Hands-on experience in utilizing Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Integration and Data);
- Experience with Azure for middle-tier is a big plus;
- Related DevOps tools experience a plus (e.g. VSTS/Azure DevOps, Jira, Hudson, Sonar, Jenkins etc);
- Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems;
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments;
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Majors in Business preferred;
- 10+ years of experience. Alternative combinations of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of degree;
- Project Management Professional Certification preferred;
- Agile certification preferred;
- Must have implemented agile projects and well versed with agile methodologies;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial while also being persuasive, encouraging, and motivating;
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential;
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies. Strong leadership skills, excellent verbal, written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.