Clean Harbors is seeking a Director, Internal Audit who will report to the Vice President of Internal Audit. This person will be focused on protecting the Company and the continuous improvement of our IA-SOX program in close collaboration with our business partners. We are looking for an experienced Internal Audit-SOX leader who has a strong background in industry and IT Audit. The Internal Audit group is ideal for career development for highly motivated individuals as this position offers extensive exposure to the leadership of Clean Harbors’ Segments and the company’s financial policies and procedures. Key responsibilities of the role include the performance of the Sarbanes-Oxley, substantive support work for the external auditors, and the performance of operational reviews, fraud investigations and site reviews.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Direct activities relating to compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, particularly requirements as defined by Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Designing and implementing an internal audit plan to assist Management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors in ensuring an adequate system of internal controls and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Track the status of Internal Audit issues and perform follow-up testing as needed to ensure complete remediation of an identified issue.
- Assisting external auditors in the performance of quarterly and annual audit procedures.
- Maintain the process and controls database, with accompanying process maps and narratives, to ensure continued compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 requirements.
- Design and execute financial compliance and operational audit programs aligned with the audit plan including: financial reporting controls, substantive audit support, operations and compliance reviews, branch site visits, and internal investigations.
- Drive organizational change through collaborating with management in an collective effort to achieve improve the entities overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in driving communications to senior management, board of directors and audit committee through formal memos, presentations, and reports.
- Participate in the performance of the enterprise risk assessment and the development of the annual audit plan.
- Focus on the development of the Internal Audit team by coaching other team members towards aligned personal and company objectives.
- Compile working papers in accordance with IIA Standards.
- Ensure audit testing utilizes appropriate sampling techniques and data analysis (in accordance with Internal Audit's policies and procedures and IIA standards).
- Develop and implement an internal audit plan including the issuance of initial Internal Audit Reports and follow-up tracking on the resolution of problems identified in reports issued by Internal Audit.
- Support activities and projects initiated by the SVP of Internal Audit and the Audit Committee in fulfillment of their duties as outlined in the Audit Committee Charter.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- BA/BS in Accounting Required
- Relevant Professional Certification (CPA, CFE, CIA, etc.)
- 7+ years audit experience in public accounting or in the internal audit department of a public company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate team, prioritize deliverables and act decisively
- Results driven with highest ethics and integrity
- Ability to establish and cultivate internal working relationships
- Strong MS Office Suite skills
- Aptitude towards understanding new applications
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.