As a Field Supervisor for Chemical Cleaning you will oversee projects at customer sites and ensure their needs are being met. You will assign responsibilities out in the field and communicate project updates to the PM. This position is a nontraditional desk job with overtime opportunity paid at time and a half! We are looking for a flexible individual who enjoys working in fast pace environments.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Responsible for the direct and supervise the activities of all personnel assigned to their job;
- Responsible for execution of projects/jobs within budget and on time;
- Demonstrate proficiency at a wide variety of assignments and can direct personnel in operational procedures to complete assignments.
- Manages the assigned personnel, equipment and subcontractors.
- Ensures work performance is planned and coordinated according to the schedule, with strict adherence to safety, quality and budget considerations.
- Assists the sales force and PLM in preparation of estimates and procedures in planning of projects, with emphasis on operational efficiency.
- Maintains project work site in a safe and environmentally sound condition per DOT, EPA, and OSHA guidelines.
- Acts as Clean Harbors main contact with the customer for the resolution of operational issues.
- Initiates corrective action for any unsafe or environmentally unsound condition. Report situations as per company and customer regulations and procedures.
- Ensure that all customer and company policies are adhered to in the completion of the assigned projects.
- Monitor morale of personnel on project and strive to maintain at high level and “can do” attitude.
- Interface as required with customer contact and constantly seek opportunities to sell additional services.
- Conduct walk downs and formal audits of all jobs being performed as part of the project.
- Actively participate in feedback and post-job evaluation portions of the project.
- Maintain a detailed daily log of the events.
- Monitor assigned equipment for signs of mechanical problems and work with PLM to ensure here are no on job equipment failures.
- Identify personnel capable of advancement and provide necessary on the job training.
- Assess appropriate discipline for any transgression occurring on the project site.
- Look ahead and coordinate with division office/dispatch/PLM to have adequate manpower, equipment, and chemistry on site as it is needed.
- Establish computer tracking to provide cost per day, % completion, etc. as required.
- Understand proposal and quotes to manage the commercial aspects of project and when to use change orders, etc.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 3+ years’ experience in heavy industrial services (Hydro blasting & high-pressure pumps experience);
- 3+ years’ supervisory experience;
- Valid driver license; CDL license preferred;
- Must possess a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.