The Insite Chemist
works both indoors and outdoors at plants, labs, and customer sites; and is responsible for assisting with daily labpacks within customer facilities, household hazardous waste (HHW) collections and lab moves. Additional responsibilities include the loading, packaging and segregation of materials and waste products, completion of Health & Safety plans, conducting projects according to Federal, State and Local regulations while following company policies and procedures and assisting the Lead Field Chemist in the safe and compliant execution of assigned labpack projects. Our Field Chemist position is an entry point into an exciting and rewarding career at Clean Harbors. Transitioning Military
, this is a great opportunity to leverage your skills and training as you return to civilian life. This position is known internally as a CleanPack Chemist.
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Safe and compliant execution of labpack projects/jobs and the proper packaging of material/waste and off-specifications of commercial products.
• Print required labels and labels drums and assure driver of an expedient pick-up. Load/pack materials/wastes properly and segregate for compatibility the waste material on transport vehicle.
• Understand customer specific disposal restrictions/special packaging requirements.
• Accumulate and record accurate billing information to ensure proper billing to customer.
• Ensure customer satisfaction by communicating customer needs and requests to the CleanPack Coordinator. Adhere to field standard operating procedures and understands customer specific disposal options/special packaging requirements.
• Assist the Lead Field Chemist in the safe and compliant execution of assigned labpack projects/jobs.
• Overall quality control of waste materials to be shipped.
• Ensure drum count is correct and that drum conditions are shippable in accordance to the policies and procedures of Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc.
• Conduct projects/jobs according to site specific Federal, State and local regulations and health and safety plans as well as Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc., policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
• High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree in chemistry, biology, geology, or other natural science preferred. Military experience a plus!
• Able to travel overnight in some locations
• Able to obtain and retain a Class “B/C” CDL with hazardous materials paid for by Clean Harbors
• Clean Driving record, for the purposes of CHESI employment, includes:
o No more than one (1) “serious” speeding infraction (speeding in excess of 15 mph over the posted speed limit) within any three (3) year period.
o No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
o No DUI/DWI in past 3 years
o No preventable accidents in the past year
o No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3 years
o No serious moving violations in past 3 years, i.e., Reckless driving, Driving to endanger, Open alcohol containers, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Windows based applications
• Detail-oriented and able to multi-task
• Climb on and off forklifts; Lifting up to 50 lbs from the ground to your waist.
• Climb up and down vertical ladders.
• Capable of reaching out, over and down exerting a force.
• 20/20 eyesight corrected or uncorrected - depth perception is critical.
• 10 pushups, deep knee squats and sit-ups (to determine if fit).
• Good hand/eye coordination.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam and/or a driving history review. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.