Clean Harbors is seeking a IT Support Engineer to identify and initiate resolutions to problems and issues associated with computer and telephony technology, including initially assessing the state of communications infrastructure and architecture in all field sites and reporting this information directly to management, and implementing all changes necessary to bring field sites in compliance with corporate IT standards.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Implement and provide technical support for deployed IT systems, including PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals;
- Provide technical and operational support for deployed telephone systems;
- Implement and provide technical support for barcode scanning equipment and printers;
- Install and repair both wired and wireless networks according to corporate IT standards;
- Provide single point of contact for site-related technical support issues that include working with the Network Services, Technical Services, or MIS teams;
- Update and complete assigned tickets in the corporate helpdesk system;
- Travel approximately 25% or as needed;
- Escalate support issues within and outside of Field Services as the situation dictates .
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Associates degree or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- 2+ years of IT support experience
- Industry certifications are preferred (Cisco, Microsoft, etc).
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10 operating system, wired and wireless networks, network printer setup and support, barcode scanner support, Cisco telephone installation & support, and ticket and task management;
- Intermediate Microsoft Office 365 support skills;
- Advanced PC hardware troubleshooting and support skills;
- Proficiency with Cisco network switches and routers;
- Experience supporting servers in a datacenter environment with racks, central UPS, and standby generator;
- The ability to lift 50 pounds;
- Willingness to work in both industrial and office environments.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.