Clean Harbors Edmonton, AB location is currently looking for a variety of Cooks to join our safety conscious Remote Camp team! Please note that we provide transportation to our remote camps.
If you are a 1st Cook, 2nd Cook, Breakfast Cook, Chef, Baker or Kitchen Helper apply today for an oppotunity to speak with our team!
*Potential start dates are currently scheduled for end of August/September 2021*
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages, based on skills and experience, for this seasonal full-time position;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Full Uniform (with Footwear) provided;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Prepares sandwiches, salads and performs any other activities as assigned by the Chef;
- Assists with baking or breakfast preparation when required;
- Ensures condiment jars on tables are clean and sugar, syrup, napkins and salt and pepper containers are full at all times;
- Assists the 1st Cook/Baker in all general kitchen duties, i.e. preparation of meals/food, taking stock, general cleaning and unloading and putting away supplies.
- Compile a weekly menu in advance (10 days would be preferable);
- Order, maintain and organize grocery stock, managing food costs efficiently;
- Assist in unloading trucks and stocking groceries in the camp as well as assisting in preparing and loading for rig moves and shutdowns;
- Oversees the daily preparation, production and serving of all breakfast and baked items;
- Prepares from scratch a wide variety of baked goods such as: cookies, muffins, squares, cakes, pies, breads, buns and pastries;
- Ensures the proper storage, handling and rotation of all stock involved in the production of baked goods as per HACCP approved methods;
- Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of personal work area, entire kitchen, serving line, dining room, lunch room and dish pit area; as well as equipment areas including store room, loading dock, cold storage, etc.;
- Completes the washing of all dishes, pots, pans, cutlery, glasses, cups, utensils, trays, equipment, etc.;
- Stocks, and replenishes food service items such as cutlery, dishes, glasses, cups, condiments and ice cream prior to, during and after meal periods;
- Assists in the preparation of food items including peeling vegetables, traying bacon, cracking eggs and dishing up pastries and desserts;
- Sweeps and mops all floors in the kitchen complex with exception of washrooms and other designated common areas.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 1-year of previous experience working as a Cook or Kitchen Helper;
- 1-year of previous remote camp or hotel experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Food Safe certification is strongly preferred.
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483). We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.