Location: Columbus, OH, United States
Date Posted: Aug 19, 2021
Job ID: 75362
Clean Harbors in the Midwest is looking for Field Laborers to join our safety conscious team! Our HEBRON, OH location is looking for Environmental Technicians to assist with emergency response, hazardous waste handling, hydro blasting and tank cleaning. You also may do confined space entry, attend emergency response calls from the customer and site remediation at customer locations. Previous experience in a construction and landscaping setting is an asset for this position.
Responsibilities of this role include confined space entry, working at heights and working alongside various types of equipment. This is a physically intensive position that may require up to 80% travel within the region and up to 3-4 weeks away at a time based on business demands.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
· Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
· Competitive hourly wages based on experience with weekly overtime!
· Paid travel is provided! Mileage and per diem are available;
· Generous paid time off, company training and tuition reimbursement;
· Positive and safe work environments;
· Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career!
· Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
· Performs tasks associated with emergency response clean-up
· Performs labor intensive activities in all weather conditions throughout the shift;
· Works in atmospheres with low clearances, confined spaces and at heights;
· Operates light and heavy equipment including: hoses, vacuum equipment, high pressure shotguns.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
· Previous experience with tank cleaning, hydro blasting, vacuum equipment/hoses, working in a safety sensitive environment and/or a physically intensive role;
· TWIC Card required;
· Willingness to be trained through Clean Harbors for an OSHA (40 hour) Certification;
· Valid Driver’s License;
· Ability to work in all weather elements;
· Ability to travel and work on an on-call basis to attend to Emergency Response calls.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.