Clean Harbors is looking for a Senior Civil Engineering Project Manager to join their safety conscious team! The Senior Project Manager is primarily responsible for bid document preparation, bid evaluation, project supervision, project tracking, and cost control.
This role has some flexibility to be located in Houston TX, Deer Park TX.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Works with VP of Facilities/Engineering to prepare capital budgets for civil related projects including landfills
- Organize and supervise construction and bid meetings.
- Stays current with latest technology and suggests design changes to reduce construction costs
- Prepare detailed bid packages and evaluates contractor bids.
- Act as a Construction Project Engineer/Project Manager on projects throughout United States and willing to travel.
- Monitors construction and tracks cost to budget.
- Oversees CQA (construction quality assurance) subcontractors
- Review & Submit all projects documents including permits, construction drawings, specifications, shop drawings, material submittals, change orders & typical procurement logs, paperwork & communications.
- Assist Deer Park, Texas facility with Civil & Structural construction projects
- Maintain project schedule(s) by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities and resolving problems
- Control project cost by approving expenditures, administering contracts.
- Maintain safe clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules and regulations
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Willing to travel away
- PE license is highly preferred, but not required
- Associate Degree in Construction Management (BS in Civil Engineering/construction Management preferred)
- 10 years plus of detailed construction Experience related to civil engineering projects including landfills and 5 years plus of field experience related to construction activities and CQA activities
- 10 years plus of detailed construction experience related to civil engineering projects
- 5 years plus of field experience related to construction quality control and quality assurance activities
- Blueprint reading skill required
- Must have Microsoft experience (Excel, Word, Project & Power Point)
- Construction Quantity take-off & AutoCAD experience is not required but a plus
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.