Clean Harbors is looking for a Leave Of Absence Specialist, known internally as a LOA Service Specialist to actively promote a health, safety, and pro-active claims management culture to all levels of employees with the policies and procedures of Clean Harbors’ Health and Safety Manual.
Position can sit in either Edmonton, AB or at our company headquarters in the United States in Norwell, MA.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP/401k with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner always;
- Review accommodation requests and implement return to work plans;
- Review accommodation requests for stay at work efforts;
- Responsible for disability management communications both verbally and in written correspondence to all stakeholders involved;
- Contribute to the development of Disability Management Programs, procedures, policies, and processes through collaborative efforts with external stake holders, and internal teams to reduce absences due to non-occupational/occupational disability;
- Establishes and maintains contact with injured employees, departmental staff, health providers and others to facilitate awareness; ensure best practices are being met and delivered;
- Interprets, STD and LTD plans, programs policies and procedures for employees and provides advice and recommendation for remediation of escalated issues and plan/process improvements. Promote cost saving initiatives, identify opportunities for cost relief, cost transfers, spear-head claim audits and appeals;
- Contribute to the development of integrated modified work programs and processes that support proactive return to work principles in both Occ and Non-occ situations. Partner with LOA Manager, Operations team, and HS Team to maximize the overall return to work opportunities, including developing and monitoring modified work plans and liaising with branches to co-coordinate modified work through the organization.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 3+ years disability management experience;
- Experience working with a carrier or other third-party provider pertaining to disability files;
- Experience with occupational disability files;
- Experience adjudicating mental health and physical disability files;
- Excellent documentation and time management skills, in being able to meet/exceed the required turn-around times;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with clients;
- Must be detail oriented, an analytical thinker and possess strong organized abilities;
- Demonstrated excellence in the decision-making process especially when under pressure;
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, and resolve complex problems;
- Ability to work with limited supervision, be proactive and have excellent communication and presentation skills. Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Minimum of a professional designation in a Kinesiology, Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy and/or Disability Management certification;
- NIDMAR or other related professional designations such a RRP or CVRP would be an asset.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.