Our Carencro, LA location is currently looking for a Drillers Assistant, on a temporary, full-time basis, to join the team, working with our seismic operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the driller in all aspects of shot hole drilling, including loading holes, hooking up long line from the helicopter and general labor duties.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
We offer all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive wages paid on a weekly basis
- Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Accurately assist Driller l and ll to log the depth of loaded shot holes. Plug, tamp holes and flatten cuttings as required by client and government requirements. Assist on checking explosive detonators after hole loading for integrity using the appropriate equipment;
- Handling and storage of all explosives as required by company policy, government regulation, and industry recommended practices;
- Assisting in the care and maintenance of all related equipment.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Valid Driver’s License (experience pulling a trailer is an asset);
- Previous seismic experience or experience in a labor intensive position is required (i.e. Oil & Gas, Industrial Services, Construction, Farming);
- Valid safety tickets are a strong asset (H2S, HazMat, HazCom, First Aid)
- Ability to work away from home for extended periods of time;
- Mechanical aptitude;
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme cold and hot environments.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at careers.cleanharbors.com
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.