The Diesel Mechanic Lead Hand in Tooele, UT is responsible for general supervision of the maintenance workshop team, while also performing maintenance and repair of Heavy Duty, Medium Duty and Light Duty vehicles, trailers, and a variety of other types of assets. This position may be required to work overtime and will be responsible for the successful maintenance of company assets.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Benefits after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401(K) Plan with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensure that Health & Safety always remains the number one priority
- Conduct required safety-related activities such as monthly shop inspections, JHA and SOP reviews, daily toolbox talks, safety alert notifications, and on-going safety trainings
- Coordinate daily workflow in partnership with the Regional Maintenance Planner, stake-holder branch staff members and the regional Hub Manager to ensure maximum use of your team
- Perform required 90-day Preventative Maintenance inspections, DOT, FMCSA and other inspections and repairs to a wide variety of vehicles, and both oversee and review inspections and other work performed by your teams
- Participate in the selection of your team members and supervise, train, and mentor them toward providing the highest-possible quality of work
- Timely and accurate completion of required paperwork such as Repair Orders, Inspection forms, and Inventory Count sheets
- Ensure that equipment is repaired and returned to service in a timely manner
- Remain in continuous communication with the Regional Maintenance Planner, stake-holder branch staff members and the regional Hub Manager to ensure priorities and deadlines are met
- Track inspections, repairs, inventory usage, and cost controls daily
- Ensure the shop area is kept clean, safe, complaint and free of potential hazards always
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management, and as required in accordance with the needs of Clean Harbors’ business lines
- Long hours in a noisy and fast-paced work environment, with widely varying weather and temperature conditions
- Sitting, standing, crouching, grasping, and reaching on a repetitive basis
- Requires lifting, pulling, pushing, and must be able to lift and carry carrying up to 50 lbs. repeatedly
- 5+ years' experience with Class 6, 7 and 8 trucks
- Previous supervisory / lead hand experience preferred
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 + years Heavy-Duty Vehicle Mechanic
- 1 to 2 years in a Supervisory role of a 3+ person team
- Comfortable in a Windows computer environment and a working knowledge of programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Class D driver’s license and a clean driving record are required
- Familiarity with various types of diesel engines, vehicle electrical systems, transmissions, axles, air brake and suspension systems, engine diagnostic equipment, opacity testers, vehicle HVAC systems, and trailer chassis and systems
- FMCSA and Federal DOT inspections experience
- Ability to evaluate repair requirements to determine best course of action and needed parts for repair completion in a timely manner
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and organizational and analytical skills
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.