The Assistant General Plant Manager works directly with members of other functional groups that support the site to ensure that plant operations in the areas of safety, environmental compliance, quality and productivity are managed on a daily basis.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manages labor to assure operating costs are in line with budgeted and projected revenue. Labor management includes all employee hours worked, overtime hours worked, hiring, firing, and performance appraisals;
- Ensures all Environmental Compliance requirements are met including, but not limited to Air Permits and Waste Management;
- Recommends merit increases and promotions of reporting personnel;
- Responsible for the training and development of all operation employees. Responsible for mentoring current and future operators assuring the continued growth of the company. Provides hands on leadership and management of the blending and packaging operations;
- Ensures and enforces corporate and facility specific Health & Safety protocol and Standard Operating Procedures. Continuously works closely with the safety department to enhance and improve safety within facility as a top priority. Co-chairs Facility Health & Safety meetings;
- Assures facility is always clean and presentable for customer audits and tours. Participates when necessary or requested;
- Ensures customer satisfaction by maintaining the target OTIF for outbound shipments;
- Executes the daily production plans according to the plan and schedule provided by S&OP;
- Understand the cost structure for operations and works to maintain cost control objectives;
- Monitors manufacturing progress against targets and objectives and provides summary reports of project status, key performance indicators and operations status as requested by the Plant Manager;
- Implements continual improvement plans and projects;
- Conducts root cause analysis and implement corrective actions as necessary;
- Assist the general manager in the commercialization of new products;
- Delivers best-in-class operational performance through standardization, continuous improvement, and sharing of best practices. Leads operational and cross-functional teams with high intensity and motivation;
- Serve as a team member on the Site Leadership Team;
- Performs other duties and tasks assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or similarly combined education/work experience;
- 5+ years’ in manufacturing plant operations in roles of increasing responsibility;
- Management experience in a Contract Packaging & Blending facility strongly preferred;
- Previous experience handling oil and/or chemicals is preferred;
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership in the area of safety;
- Has a passion for plant operations and understands the dynamics of working effectively in a close-knit environment;
- Demonstrated experience and passion for people engagement, developing employees and change management;
- Demonstrated values of integrity, respect for others, teamwork and collaboration, accountability and performance;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- A strong understanding of supply chain principles, production planning, scheduling, engineering, maintenance, management accounting, and project management;
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000:2008 Standard;
- Strong PC & software skills in Microsoft Office applications and experience with ERP software.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.™
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class. Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.