Clean Harbors in Grassy, UT is looking for a Facility Maintenance Technician, to join their safety conscious team. You would perform hands on maintenance activities specializing in mechanical applications. This position is located at the Grassy Mountain Landfill.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Perform maintenance functions, including, but not limited to, Electrical, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, and Mechanical systems;
- Maintains facility equipment through Preventative Maintenance Management systems;
- Assures proper preventative maintenance of all plant equipment, stationary and mobile;
- Extensive working knowledge of all plant electrical equipment and applications;
- Maintains all plant equipment and systems;
- Knowledge of Inventory management for Spare/Critical parts;
- Operates a forklift and various heavy equipment when necessary to assist in diagnosis;
- Ensures that work meets all applicable Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures;
- Reviews all applicable SOP’s and satisfactorily completes quizzes;
- Ensures that work meets compliance standards within facility operation;
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment;
- Understands and drives Clean Compliance Standards;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- 4+ years of specific trade experience;
- 2+ years of plant related experience;
- Fork lift experience preferred;
- CES trained at Supervisor level preferred;
- Demonstrates complete and tested proficiency in instruments and electrical trade;
- Proficiency in Windows based applications.
- Able to enter/exit heavy equipment without strain (sometimes climbing a ladder);
- Able to operate physical controls/pedals associated with the piece of equipment (manual dexterity);
- Ability to lift hoods to assist with equipment repairs;
- Ability to operate cranes/jacks to assist with lifting of heavy parts;
- Ability to maneuver in tight quarters inside of equipment;
- Ability to lie on back for extended periods during repairs;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. up to the shoulder - (Hoses, Parts, etc.);
- Ability to use both hand and power tools safely.
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.