Facility Maintenance Mechanic - Grassy,UT
Location: Grassy, UT, United States
Date Posted: Jul 21, 2021
Category: Automotive Maintenance
Job ID: 74754
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests.
The Facility Maintenance Mechanic performs hands on maintenance activities specializing in mechanical applications.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Performs maintenance functions, including, but not limited to, Electrical, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, and Mechanical.
- Maintains facility equipment through Preventative Maintenance Management systems.
- Assures proper preventative maintenance of all plant equipment, stationary and mobile.
- Extensive working knowledge of all plant electrical equipment and applications.
- Maintains all plant equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of Inventory management for Spare/Critical parts.
- Operates a forklift and various heavy equipment when necessary to assist in diagnosis.
- Ensures that work meets all applicable Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures.
- Reviews all applicable SOP’s and satisfactorily completes quizzes.
- Ensures that work meets compliance standards within facility operation.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment.
- Understands and drives Clean Compliance Standard.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 4+ years of specific trade experience.
- 2+ years of plant related experience.
- Fork lift training preferred.
- CES trained at Supervisor level.
- Demonstrates complete and tested proficiency in instruments and electrical trade.
- Proficiency in Windows based applications.
- Able to enter/exit heavy equipment without strain (sometimes climbing a ladder)
- Able to operate physical controls/pedals associated with the piece of equipment (manual dexterity)
- Ability to lift hoods to assist with equipment repairs
- Ability to operate cranes/jacks to assist with lifting of heavy parts
- Ability to maneuver in tight quarters inside of equipment
- Ability to lie on back for extended periods during repairs
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. up to the shoulder - (Hoses, Parts, etc.)
- Ability to use both hand and power tools safely
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.