The Facility General Manager II reports directly to the Director of Operations and has direct responsibility for an assigned Transfer, Storage, and Disposal Facility which includes waste management, health & safety, compliance, profit & loss, and staffing.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manages labor to assure operating costs are in line with budgeted and projected revenue;
- Labor management includes all employee hours worked, overtime hours worked, hiring, terminations, and performance appraisals;
- Manages processing of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes according to specified requirements including RCRA, DOT, customer requirements, and least cost routing. Intimately knowledge of all facility specific capabilities and processing technologies including, but not limited to, wastewater treatment, fuels blending, incineration, lab pack processing, blending, bulking, shredding, pumping;
- Works closely with National Logistics to coordinate and assure proper outbound management of waste materials from disposal facilities.
- Reviews and approves all purchasing for the facility;
- Responsible for management of profit and loss statement according to budgeted revenue and percentages. Assures operating costs, labor, materials, supplies, disposal, and SG&A costs meet or exceed budgeted parameters;
- Responsible for the training and development of all plant employees. Responsible for mentoring current and future managers assuring the continued growth of the company;
- Assures facility provides proper customer service both internally and externally;
- Responsibilities also include labor relations, and management in accordance with worker’s compensation regulations and laws;
- Manages processing of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes according to specified requirements including RCRA, DOT, customer requirements, and least cost routing.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors’ degree preferred;
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office products (word, Outlook, excel);
- Experience working with forecasting and monthly P&L preferred;
- 10+ years industry experience preferred;
- 6+ years of plant operations experience preferred;
- 3+ years of management experience;
- Working knowledge of environmental statutes and regulations;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to make real-time decisions.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.