The Environmental Waste Manager known internally as an InSite Program Manager leads and manages a team of employees in supporting the execution of a client’s environmental management program. The InSite Program Manager serves as the client’s main contact and primary interface with Clean Harbors daily. They are responsible for and manage the client’s hazardous waste program.
** Opportunity for College Graduates with degree in Environmental Science or Chemistry***
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner always;
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner always;
- Establish baseline audit protocol for all new waste programs; Communicate and document scope of compliance parameters for each Project location;
- Always adhere to Health and Safety Practices while on site; Communicate H&S feedback with technical Services H&S efforts upon request, including data capture, site review, and delivery of training content if needed;
- Conduct facility wide compliance audits to include inspections of staging, accumulating and storage areas to ensure proper housekeeping procedures and compliance;
- Manage waste storage area and ensure that material is properly packaged, profiled and labeled prior to shipment.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required (B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or Environmental Science preferred);
- 5+ years of environmental experience;
- 5+ years of experience running a hazardous waste program;
- 3+ years’ experience running a hazardous waste program at a Government facility and working with Government Contracts;
- Management experience in areas of budgets, record keeping, supervision, planning and liability;
- Ability to develop and deliver training materials and programs related to environmental health, safety, and hazardous materials management;
- Familiarity with regulatory status requirements of Small and Large Quantity Generators, such as RCRA, DOT etc;
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, puling and/or pushing, stooping and crouching;
- Requires lifting, carrying, grasping, speaking and listening.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.