Clean Harbors is looking for a Director of Workforce Utilization to work with the company's senior management and executive leadership to assist in development and execution of strategic and operational projects, related to the optimal use of our workforce. The Director of Workforce Utilization will have a strong background in workforce planning and adept at summarizing findings to senior leadership. Beyond the number crunching, we are looking for a strong ERP, financial and human resources background to help understand what workforce planning capabilities are best suited for our business.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Leads efforts to optimize Labor Profitability.
- Leads and drives improvements in the process of developing workforce plans aligned to business or function needs
- In partnership with management, develops standard KPIs for measuring Clean Harbors workforce trends against industry benchmarks
- Oversees data collection, provides analyses and interpretation/evaluation of relevant workforce metrics.
- Develops statistical/financial analytical models and techniques required for root-cause analysis and to identify improvement opportunities focused on workforce planning, employee utilization, labor optimization, cost management
- Develops predictive analytics to support a forward-looking view to workforce needs based on a strategic staffing plan, turnover trends, avg. utilization rates, etc.
- Monitors business progress against the execution of workforce plans and ensures that plans are aligned with company priorities and are on track
- Applies superior subject matter expertise in internal and external workforce trends to evaluate workforce plans, identify gaps and propose solutions to Human Resource (HR) and business/functional executives (org design, staffing prioritization, LOA/WC issues, etc.)
- Ensures workforce planning processes are cost-effective and efficient.
- Collaborates with executives across the company (business, HR, finance, etc.) in the strategic planning, implementation, and monitoring of workforce plans. Builds and presents overviews by LOB to HR and business executives
- Partners with Talent Acquisition team to integrate candidate pools and leverage regional labor pools to maintain effective staffing levels for critical, revenue-generating roles
- Incorporates external industry trends, competitive threats, and expansion opportunities to integrate into strategic workforce plans
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or Master’s degree in business preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a business, finance, workforce planning or other role requiring a strong analytical skill set
- Superior analytical and modeling capabilities including the interpretation of analysis/data to executives
- Superior business and financial acumen
- Superior program management, process development, leadership, influencing, and consulting skills
- Expertise leveraging data visualization tools (e.g., power bi)
- Superior communications (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills
- Ability to make strategic decisions that are forward thinking and congruent with industry trends and business priorities
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.