The Senior Maintenance Mechanic is primarily responsible for facility equipment repairs, completing preventative maintenance, small project execution, inspection planning, job cost control, and work order processing. The purpose for this role is to drive the problem-solving process for the facility's maintenance needs, lead third party contractors and service providers when necessary, and communicate with other team members and managers. This role reports directly to the facility's Refinery Manager.
Great developmental opportunity to become a Maintenance Manager, Planner, or Scheduler.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- 401k with company matching component
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Plans, executes, and leads others in the completion of repairs to facility equipment in an appropriate priority.
- Ensures that parts are re-ordered as they are used from inventory and strategizes with other team members to improve how parts are spared
- Coordinator with third party vendors to plan work, troubleshoot problems, collect quotes, and manage work/project costs
- Actively manages all third-party repairs for the facility
- Review all quotes and identify areas where repair cost can be reduced / eliminated
- Identify scenarios where repairs, parts, or equipment failure should be covered under warranty
- Identifies inspection requirements and due dates for major equipment, communicates to team what is upcoming
- Plans the mechanical work necessary to perform inspections
- Coordinates with the inspection agency and reviews their findings with team
- Carries out preventative maintenance as appropriate and assists in optimizing the facility's preventative maintenance program
- Documents the details of work performed and the completion of all Work Orders (Repair Orders) in the Facility Asset Management (FAM) system, as is part of normal Work Order processing
- Helps to plan small projects as needed and leads a multi-disciplinary team to execute installation. Works with Refinery Manager to control costs of small projects and assists in procuring parts and resources when needed.
- Direct superior and day-to-day manager of any additional maintenance team members brought on by the facility as needed.
- Assist the Refinery Manger with performance feedback/reviews of other maintenance team members
- Performs other duties and task as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors Business
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- 3+ years mechanical aptitude required
- Previous experience working in an oil refinery, chemical plant, or other manufacturing plant like environment would be a plus
- Mechanical certifications a plus
- Knowledge of cutting and welding a plus
- Project Management a plus
Join our team today! To learn more about our company and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK ™
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company is a Military & Veteran friendly company.