Lab Chemist I - Buttonwillow,CA
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buttonwillow, CA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2021
Category: Chemical Tech & Management
Job ID: 74666
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Perform basic analysis of waste samples following prescribed procedures.
- Calibrate and utilize basic instrumentation.
- Maintain equipment under direct supervision.
- Complete all paperwork associated with the analyses (ex., calibration logs, run logs, etc.).
- Ensure that all work meets applicable QA/QC guidelines.
- Manage waste generated as a result of analytical procedures.
- Maintain a safe working environment that is in compliance with all applicable OSHA regulations as well as all applicable company Health & Safety and Compliance protocols.
- Reviews all applicable laboratory SOPs on an annual basis
- Adhere to all applicable Clean Harbors’ policies and SOPs.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management.
- Run samples on Bulk and drum wastes
- Manage waste as a result of analytical to proper disposal methods
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related science (preferred)
- 1+ years experience in a laboratory setting (preferred)
- Environmental, industrial or hazardous waste experience preferred
- Solid understanding of math, chemistry and chemical testing
- 24 or 40 hour OSHA training and annual updates
- Good organizational skills, decisiveness and initiative
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work in a team environment