The Director of Executive Compensation is responsible for managing the compensation function enterprise wide. The Director plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to align with the company's goals and competitive practices. This position is also responsible for ensuring that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with internal policies and government regulations. Oversees all operations, systems and employee communications associated with the applicable compensation programs.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manage all external market surveys to ensure a competitive position in the local markets
- Conduct analysis of internal compensation program including wage and pay administration, job evaluation, area cost differentials and short term incentives
- Oversee the development and implementation of salary structures and market trend research
- Manage Restricted Stock Program, and assists in proxy filings
- Partner with HRIS Team and MIS as the compensation expert in design and system development around compensation planning and performance management modules
- Direct the collection and analysis of compensation data, analysis of results and presents results to senior management
- Design and administer the following programs in the United States and Canada: base pay programs for exempt and non-exempt employees with associated overtime policies consistent with state or provincial wage and hour requirements; All incentive plans for hourly, sales, operations, and executive teams; Manage accruals across all bonus programs.
- Select and manage the compensation team
- Responsible to develop training materials related to compensation for all managers, including performance management, leadership development, and Company pay programs
- Manage and approve all types of pay changes, such as promotions, new hires, etc. thru the Total Rewards Committee
- Prepare reports for Compensation Committee
- Manage corporate programs including merit processes across the U.S. and Canada, employee recognition programs, the design, budgeting, and administration of compensation programs, and managing vendors and contractors.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- This position manages all employees of the compensation department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department.
- Manages the development, implementation and administration of compensation programs
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommends changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives
- Provides advice to corporate staff on pay decisions, policy interpretations, and job evaluations
- Designs creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs and incentive plans
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data
- Oversees the participation in salary surveys and monitors salary survey data to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Relations, Accounting, or Liberal Arts field
- 10+ years Managing a Compensation Function
- CCP Preferred but not mandatory
- Manage, develop, mentor, motivate, and lead employees
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Program and time management skills
- Interpersonal and relation-building skills
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal and relation-building skills
- Customer orientation and focus
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.