We are looking for a Lead Hand Refurbishment Mechanic to add to our Houston, TX team, in our new 10 bay state of the art facility specializing in the rebuilding of Heavy-Duty Diesel Tank Trucks. The Lead Hand Refurbishment Mechanic will be responsible for supervising the overall operation of the refurbishment workshop and conducting hands-on maintenance and repairs on vacuum trucks.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages with overtime available, weekly pay structure
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Benefits after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401(K) Plan with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Oversees Safety within the Maintenance workshop and completes required Safety activities such as monthly inspections, updates safety boards, conduct daily toolbox talks, etc. as per company safety policy;
- Perform all required maintenance and repairs to various types of equipment while working within the budget provided to you by management;
- Supervise, train, mentor and assign work to painters , vehicle maintenance mechanics, and welders in the shop, as required;
- Timely and accurate completion of all required paperwork such as Repair Orders, Inspections, and Inventory Sheets;
- Ensure expected completion timelines for various repairs are met and that equipment is rebuilt and sent out in a timely manner;
- Ensure continuous communication with the Refurbishment Manager to ensure priorities are set and deadlines are met
- Monitor all equipment to ensure it is in superior working condition to leave on a job or if it is in need of repair for safety reasons;
- Provide support to the Refurbishment Manager to track inventory and maintain cost controls on a monthly basis;
- Ensure the shop area is kept clean, organized and free of hazards at all times as per office expectations, reporting all hazards and near misses as appropriate;
- Ensure all technicians accurately record time, parts, and inspection checklists;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 2+ year experience in a shop environment;
- 2+ year experience working as a Mechanic on Heavy Duty Equipment;
- Experience managing a team of shop technicians;
- Knowledge of price ranges for equipment parts and the ability to obtain the lowest prices;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, as well as proficiency in electronic work orders;
- Valid driver’s license with a clean 3-year motor vehicle driving record;
- Required to have own tools;
- Ability to read and understanding technical blueprints;
- Related mechanical certifications are an asset.
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.