Clean Harbors is looking for an Onboarding Manager to join their safety conscious team! The Onboarding Manager is responsible for executing regional onboarding and training initiatives to prepare new employees for work readiness, supporting the growth of the region. They will foster a positive employment relationship with Clean Harbors, while promoting proper equipment operation and compliance with environmental, transportation, health and safety issues/requirements for a variety of field positions. The Manager will maintain collaborative relationships with corporate talent acquisition, central training and other regional onboarding centers of excellence. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Talent Acquisition and Onboarding.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Leading Environment Sustainability and Circular Economy Efforts
- Spirited and passionate team who display core values of safety, teamwork, integrity, customer service and stakeholder value
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manage the timely coordination and execution of all Safety Kleen and Clean Harbors field operations and driver onboarding requirements;
- Process improve, finding efficiencies in the overall Onboarding experience to provide white-glove candidate experience;
- Properly prepare hiring managers for the new employee experience;
- Liaise between human resources, talent acquisition and hiring managers to ensure a consistent and quality experience;
- Collaborate with multiple departments to create seamless transitions within the Onboarding process;
- Regular communication between the onboarding person and new hire from time of acceptance through their start date.
- Ensure new hires are knowledgeable and aware of all relevant company policies, procedures and standards;
- Assign relevant eLearning content and schedule new hires for required instructor led, virtual and/or hands-on training;
- Assist with Internship Program;
- Coordinate travel, as appropriate;
- Deliver instructor led, virtual and/or hands-on training, as needed;
- Evaluate onboarding performance and provide feedback on progress, as appropriate, to employee and managers;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business;
- Support the Team during out of office, hiring events, and candidate sourcing.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- 3 years of Human Resources, Recruiting or Onboarding experience;
- Knowledge of field hourly labor and/or commercial driving responsibilities, preferably in the environmental services industry;
- Strong work ethic; adept at working independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to work in diverse, physical conditions and lift up to 35 lbs;
- Proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Strong understanding of data analytics, reporting and metric.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.