The Technical Sales Specialist is a “Subject Matter Expert” and responsible for profitable revenue growth of Clean Harbors’ InSite Total Waste Management line of business (LOB) throughout their specified sales territory.
InSite Total Waste Management programs leverage Clean Harbors’ extensive resources and 3rd party vendor management expertise, to customize client sustainability programs and consolidate services through a single point of contact. Total Waste Management programs are focused on reducing waste volumes and program costs, reusing materials in a beneficial manner to eliminate waste, and recycling wastes and byproducts to create value. Our seamless integration into customer sites delivers insight into opportunities for process improvement and cost savings, while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance.
InSite Services is Clean Harbors’ onsite/in-plant service program through which dedicated full-time personnel and equipment assets deliver a full range of environmental, industrial, and waste management services, in response to our customer’s site-specific outsourcing needs.
Position can work remotely and sit anywhere in the United States. Position requires travel within the United States and Canada.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Lead the development of all InSite Total Waste Management opportunities, which typically consist of a portion of the business being self-performed by Clean Harbors, and the balance of the waste being managed by Clean Harbors approved 3rd party vendors;
- Focus primarily on new business development, but also on identify and support organic growth opportunities at existing InSite accounts by engaging with local sales teams, InSite Program Managers and customer contacts to establish Total Waste Management programs in addition to the work currently being self-performed by Clean Harbors and/or its subsidiaries;
- Analyze customer waste volume and spend data, and conduct detailed site assessments to map out current waste management processes, scopes of work, and program costs;
- Develop Total Waste Management programs focused on vendor reduction, sustainability, efficiency improvements, cost containment, reduced liability and increased compliance through a single service provider;
- Collaborate with and align sales and operational management teams from multiple lines of business in order to develop proposals that promote value through a cohesive, turnkey environmental approach;
- Develop executive summaries for new business opportunities and work with regional and executive operational managers to evaluate profitability;
- Present Clean Harbors’ Company and InSite Total Waste Management overview of capabilities in order to qualify new business opportunities, as well as deliver presentations detailing customer specific InSite Services program requirements and implementation strategies;
- Develop and conduct quarterly and annual business review presentations with customer stakeholders in order to communicate and align InSite Program support focused on continuous quality improvement;
- Work with District Sales Managers to continuously evaluate InSite markets, identify target accounts, and strategize new account penetration initiatives;
- Attend Business Development Meetings and Regional Sales meetings to maximize communication to local Specialists and Account Managers regarding technical expertise, LOB/enhancements, value proposition, and competitor updates as needed;
- Maintain company/contact information and document all sales calls, customer visits and business opportunities in Salesforce;
- Work closely with marketing team to develop new proposal content and customer deliverables communicating the latest InSite Total Waste Management service capabilities;
- Identify new 3rd party disposal and recycling vendor partnership opportunities and maintain existing 3rd party vendor relationships.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 5+ years industry sales, account management and/or environmental program management experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or business management required;
- Technical knowledge and market knowledge in hazardous waste, DOT, compliance, and/or specialized waste services;
- An in-depth understanding of the competitors and their capabilities. Must be able to support strategic pricing based on market and competitor knowledge;
- Working knowledge of business development, revenue enhancement and market penetration;
- Negotiating skills required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively manage both internal and customer relationships;
- Excellent data management and analysis skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Customer service orientated;
- 40% travel required.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.