Our Compressed Gas Specialist (Cylinder Chemist) located at our facility in La Porte, TX are responsible for Cylinder Coding/Processing, Cylinder Receiving, Inspection/Sampling, Testing, Shipping, Valve Replacement, Tapping and Re-packaging of Reactive Waste Streams. They will also be integrally involved with the design and construction of cylinder processing and re-pack technologies.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages, overtime opportunities and weekly pay structure!
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K program with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner always;
- Emergency Response (National) to explosions and compressed gas releases throughout North America;
- Facility & Field processing of compressed gases (Flaring, Hydrolysis);
- Facility & Field re-packaging of compressed gas, reactive material, & explosives throughout North America;
- Facility & Field sampling of unknown gases;
- Facility & Field cold tapping / drilling / revalving cylinders with inoperable valves;
- Design / fabrication / operation of field & facility cylinder processing systems;
- Use of Level A suits, Explosive Ordinance Disposal suits, and other standard PPE;
- Assist with packaging, regulatory paperwork, and shipment of large cylinder disposal projects;
- Remote access and stabilization of explosive & reactive chemicals throughout North America;
- Assist with SOP & Work Plan development for field and facility projects;
- Assist with Compressed Gas Emergency Response & Reactive Materials Training Classes;
- Dispose of highly hazardous materials (Hydrogen Cyanide, Phosgene, Pentaborane, Tetrafluoro hydrazine, Fluorine, etc.)
- Assist with facility-based detonations of unstable compressed gases and / or liquids;
- Extensive use of level A, B, C PPE and / or respiratory protection.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- College degree in chemistry, biology or other natural science strongly preferred;
- Previous experience in hazardous material handling, chemistry and/or lab packing experience;
- Explosive experience preferred, or willingness to learn upon hire (willing to train);
- Reactive Material Training an asset, or willingness to learn upon hire (willing to train);
- Ability to potentially travel nationally up to 20% of the year as business demands require;
- OSHA, DOT and RCRA experience preferred;
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Requisition # 58334
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.