The Environmental Technician will be responsible for job tasks associated with hydroblasting project work including but not limited to setting up hoses, loading and unloading materials, high-pressure water blasting, chemical cleaning, vacuum truck operations, and tank cleaning.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages (Hourly Pay; Time & 1/2 after 40hrs)
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ability to perform work in enclosed (confined spaces)
- Ability to safely perform work using high pressure water blasting equipment to clean heavy industrial equipment (pipe, boilers, tanks, heat exchangers, bundles, etc.)
- Performing emergency response activities including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, etiological and biological contamination, tank cleaning and equipment decontamination, etc
- Load hoses, chemicals and other equipment required for assigned job onto truck
- Clean up work area and equipment after work is completed
- Practice safety procedures in accordance with training and guidelines when working
- Assist in the inspection of equipment, hoses, connections, pumps and general work area
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to work overtime and on-call for emergency response
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time
- Performs labor intensive activities in all weather conditions throughout the day
- Works in atmospheres with low clearances, confined spaces and at heights
- Operates light and heavy equipment including: skid steers, forklifts, oil spill booms and vacuum equipment
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Experience with hydro-blasting is a plus but not required
- 6+ months of laborer work experience (construction, landscaping, etc)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Willingness to be trained through Clean Harbors for an OSHA (40 hour) Certification
- Safety oriented mindset with the determination to follow all procedures and policies
- Ability and willingness to work in a physically intensive role
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation for emergency response work
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors?
Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/en
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us. We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.