The Vice President of Application Development reports to the CIO and is responsible for all of the .Net system software applications and development within the company. This role has the responsibility for managing the software development teams responsible for projects, architecture, production support and maintenance. They will manage software contracts for tools that integrate with .Net system and all vendor relationships and spend. They will set the architectural direction and roadmap for application suites, testing, implementation and support the solutions for the company's business needs.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Manages the .Net system development teams for projects, architecture, roadmap, production support, maintenance and integration within .Net system and 3rd party applications
- Keeps abreast of new technologies including those relative to software frameworks, database design and application development tools.
- Responsible for general personnel management (reviews, issue resolutions, succession, etc.)
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Oversees and/or leads major projects involving application development teams
- Has a comprehensive understanding of company’s business processes
- Assists the CIO with projects as required
- Responsible for M&A as required
- Foster a climate that supports relationship building and collaboration at all levels throughout the business, which results in improved alignment and innovation
- Actively use opportunities for partnering across the business groups and field subsidiaries, which results in improved coordination and alignment and the adoption of best practices
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Application Development
- 10 plus years Managing application development
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of key business processes and applications
- In depth understanding of Relational Database management concepts, especially MS-SQL and MSDE
- Knowledge of Windows 10 operating systems
- Mobile Development – IOS and Windows Mobile Operating Systems
- Knowledge of leading browsers IE Edge, Firefox, Chrome
- Windows SharePoint, .NET
- Agile Development Methodologies
- Exceptional management and team building skills
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.