The Payroll Administrator is responsible for computing specified payrolls, processing a variety of transactions, and preparing and generating a variety of forms and reports.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner always.
- Proof changes, additions, and terminations paperwork received from HR personnel against generator reports and data; maintains employee payroll records.
- Perform data entry of transactions not handled by HR-Payroll interface/KRONOS/WIN.
- Calculate and process manual checks, wire transfer requests, process retro-active payments in accordance with company policies.
- Maintain sick and vacation records/balances/accruals for employees in accordance with policies, and process corresponding year-end reporting as needed.
- Initiate stop payment and recall of direct deposits transactions, as approved by payroll management, Initiate check requests for monthly deductions and wire transfer requests.
- Complete employment verifications/ROE's, unemployment forms, worker’s compensation forms, and Levy and Garnishment documentation and transactions.
- Perform reconciliation of deduction, weekly processing, monthly payroll reconciliations, etc. and report discrepancies to Payroll Manager as appropriate, along with applicable/required research for problem resolution.
- Respond to employee inquires, and management requests regarding payroll issues--keen customer service.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3+ years payroll or related accounting experience
- Proficiency in Windows based applications and payroll systems
- Able to prioritize between multiple tasks, maintain confidentiality
- Attention to detail and ability to learn quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focus and keen customer service skills
- Dependability and strong organizational skills
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.