The Hazardous Waste Program Manager known internally as an InSite Program Manager leads and manages a team of employees in supporting the execution of a client’s environmental management program. The InSite Program Manager serves as the client’s main contact and primary interface with Clean Harbors on a daily basis. They are responsible for and manage the client’s hazardous waste program.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Establish baseline audit protocol for all new waste programs; Communicate and document scope of compliance parameters for each Project location.
- Adhere to Health and Safety Practices of at all times while on site; Communicate H&S feedback with technical Services H&S efforts upon request, including data capture, site review, and delivery of training content if needed.
- Support the response to environmental compliance issues, including accident/ incident investigation, agency requests and unscheduled incidents.
- Work with Program Director, site Program Manager, and other company resources as needed to provide follow-up and to ensure that corrective actions are tracked; Disseminate “Lessons learned” for benefit of program and internal company audience as appropriate; Provide written documentation of audit results and corrective action plans.
- Conduct facility wide compliance audits to include inspections of staging, accumulating and storage areas to ensure proper housekeeping procedures and compliance.
- Provide waste tracking reports as needed.
- Manage waste storage area and ensure that material is properly packaged, profiled and labeled prior to shipment
- Assist with analyzing and preparing shipments of waste to lowest cost off-site TSDF or ultimate treatment facility and assist with lab packing wastes to off-site TSDF or ultimate treatment facilities.
- Coordinate scheduling and associated preparation of hazardous or non-hazardous waste shipments from site.
- Waste Minimization planning
- High School diploma or equivalent required (B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or Environmental Science preferred);
- 3+ years of environmental experience;
- 2+ years of experience with hazardous waste management;
- 2+ years of managing a staff preferred;
- Ability to travel overnight 20-30%;
- Ability to work occasional weekend or after hours as needed;
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record;
- Management experience in areas of budgets, record keeping, supervision, planning and liability
- Ability to develop and deliver training materials and programs related to environmental health, safety, and hazardous materials management
- Familiarity with regulatory status requirements of Small and Large Quantity Generators, such as RCRA, DOT etc.
- 40-hour OSHA training strongly preferred;
- CHMM certification preferred. Must be able to pass hazardous waste competency exam.
- Strong working knowledge with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and general computer skills.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, puling and/or pushing, stooping and crouching.
- Requires lifting, carrying, grasping, speaking and listening.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.