Clean Harbors is looking for a Laboratory Supervisor to join their safety conscious team! The Laboratory Supervisor reports directly to the Laboratory Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the QA/QC functions, Laboratory personnel training, and specific Lab projects.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner always;
- Maintain a safe work environment that follows all state, federal and company regulations.
- Overseeing the Laboratory QA/QC functions which includes monitoring the Laboratory analytical (waste, wastewater, incineration residues, etc.) and regulatory reporting, and implementing timely and effective corrective action measures; Ensures data generated by the Lab meets quality and compliance requirements.
- Performs internal and external auditing as required by our Quality Assurance Manual (QAM)/ Current WAP;
- Responsible for addressing audit items resulting from Regulatory Agencies, Clean Harbors internal audits, and routine customer audits;
- Able to be a Technical Resource – Instrumentation procedure development and implementation, and troubleshooting of instruments;
- Involvement in Laboratory personnel training, hiring, and performance evaluations;
- Must be able to calibrate, utilize, and understand all aspects of sophisticated instrumentation.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- Develops and reviews procedures / SOPs periodically as needed for lab.
- Able to work weekends when needed.
- Ability to think through compliance and H&S issues to ensure we follow all state and federal requirements.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related science required;
- Prior supervisory experience (3+) is preferred;
- Experience with QA/QC, Lab certification and production required;
- 3+ years of experience in leading a NELAC, ISO certified program in a chemical for commercial Laboratory setting preferred;
- Working knowledge of ICP, IC, and other laboratory instrumentation required;
- Working knowledge of GC/GCMS instrumentation preferred;
- Strong knowledge of chemistry and a Laboratory operations mind set;
- Strong knowledge of RCRA regulations and SW846/EPA methodologies for analysis preferred;
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Attentive to details; self-motivated;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication skills;
- Ability to build rapport through regular conversations with staff.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.