Clean Harbors is seeking a Training & Development Manager to join their safety conscious team! The Training & Development Manager is responsible to coordinate company-wide performance management and professional development initiatives to support business objectives.
Location is flexible, position can be field based.
Why work for Clean Harbors
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Support the design, development and implementation of performance management processes that enable the workforce to achieve improvements, individually and collectively
- Support professional development initiatives to strengthen capability and grow internal bench strength
- Evaluate content, curriculum and effectiveness of training programs and provide recommendations for improvement, taking into account training trends, developments and best practices;
- Facilitate relevant training courses on-line and/or other non-traditional delivery methods such as video conferencing and webinars;
- Develop pro-active and responsive solutions to business needs for continuous improvement in individual, team, business unit and organizational performance;
- Nurture and maintain working relationships with field personnel and senior management to ensure the smooth conveyance of training programs;
- May assist with the implementation and roll out of new company business systems, business processes, or devices, including supporting employees needing help understanding new business systems, applications, computer devices or equipment;
- Collaborative support to human resources and management to maximize the learning and development benefit for the employee, company, and business unit;
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them;
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma and specialized training required;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- 1-3 Years experience in the area of training discipline;
- 5-7 years Training experience; Management experience; Must have experience in the area of training discipline and management development;
- Must be proficient in the use of training and delivery technology;
- Must have experience and/or knowledge in the area of training discipline;
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building;
- Detail oriented and able to solicit feedback for process improvement;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Self-starter and results oriented;
- Research skills, analytical and creative problem solving skills;
- Commitment to quality, responsibility and high work standards;
- Computer competence and the ability to use virtual technology effectively;
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.