Clean Harbors is seeking an experienced Senior Payroll Administrator. The Senior Payroll Administrator is responsible for computing advanced and more complex payrolls, setting priorities within the department, and interpreting payroll policy and procedures to field and corporate locations.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Proof changes, additions, and terminations paperwork received from HR personnel against generator reports and data; maintains employee payroll records;
- Perform data entry of transactions not handled by HR-Payroll interface/KRONOS/WIN;
- Import hours for weekly payroll and responsible for transmission of payroll to the payroll vendor;
- Monitor provisions of Collective Agreements/unions, Prevailing Wage/SCA (as applicable) and initiate changes to payroll vendor, including dues, etc.;
- Prepare tax and 401K contribution transfers, (loans, limits), as applicable;
- Generate monthly/quarterly/annual reports for field/operations, HR, Accounting as required;
- Calculate and process manual checks, wire transfer requests, process retro-active payments in accordance with company policies;
- Maintain sick & vacation records/balances/accruals for employees in accordance with policies, and process corresponding year-end reporting as needed;
- Initiate stop payment and recall of direct deposits transactions, as approved by payroll management;
- Complete employment verifications/ROE's, unemployment forms, worker’s compensation forms, and Levy and Garnishment documentation and transactions;
- Perform reconciliations of deductions, weekly processing, monthly payroll reconciliations, etc and reporting discrepancies to Payroll Manager as appropriate, along with applicable/required research for problem resolution;
- Prepare W-2s at year-end (relocation, stock options, Declaration of Employment, CPP/EI discrepancies);
- Back up supervisor/manager as needed in his/her absence;
- Respond to employee inquires, and management requests regarding payroll issues--keen customer service.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School or Equivalent; Proficiency in Windows based applications and payroll systems; General Accounting knowledge; Understanding of employee benefit plans;
- 5+ years payroll and related accounting experience;
- Experience with ADP preferred;
- Experience with Payroll Tax preferred;
- Able to prioritize between multiple tasks;
- Able to maintain confidentiality;
- Attention to detail;
- Written and Verbal Communication skills;
- Customer focus and keen customer service;
- Quick learning ability.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company