Clean Harbors is looking for a Laboratory Supervisor to join their safety conscious team! The Laboratory Supervisor reports directly to the General Manager and is responsible for the analysis of samples to determine their chemical composition and supervising the environmental laboratory operations.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages ($70,000 - $80,000)
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manage environmental lab operations and integration with other departments within the company/facility;
- Provide technical support to the operations team to optimize production planning;
- Calibration and maintenance of all instrumentation ensure that all paperwork associated with the analysis is completed in a timely fashion;
- Maintain a safe work environment that is in compliance with all state, federal and company regulations;
- Involvement in Laboratory personnel training, hiring, terminations and performance evaluations;
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner always.
- Oversees all lab operations and integration with other parts of the company/facility.
- QC/QA samples from tankers, drums, or customers and identifies the most cost-effective way of treatment. Checks blanks in WinWeb to ensure timely final coding is taking place in under 2 days)
- Works with receiving department to ensure proper storage of chemicals/samples
- Calibrates, utilizes, and understands all aspects of sophisticated instrumentation. Performs periodic maintenance on equipment. Ensure instrumentation reading correctly.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- Ensures plant will meet discharge standards/permit limitations
- Develops and reviews procedures/SOPs periodically as needed for lab
- Able to work weekends when needed
- Maintains compliance on Stormwater Permit inspections/sampling requirements
- Educate/Cross Trains other select individuals to perform basic lab responsibilities
- Order supplies (Fisher Scientific, Airgas, etc) in order to keep lab functioning
- Ensures proper staffing for Lab for business needs
- Ability to think through compliance and H&S issues to ensure we follow all state and federal requirements
- Ability to keep WWT Operators busy and forecast what is needed so plant is functioning most efficiently
- Get GC running to test/quantify VOCs accurately
- Attachment “O” benchmark sample. Need discharge with a reasonable excess of the below parameters to provide future flexibility.
- a) Boron
- b) Magnesium
- c) Manganese
- d) Iron
- e) Nitrites
- f) Aluminum
- g) Barium
- Need standard EPA approved process for doing TCLPs of solids
- Hach equipment certified and properly running.
- Hach equipment running Phosphorus tests and included on discharge breakdown
- Centrifuge Polymer Resolution / Recommendations
- Scrubber – diagnose issues and provide solutions
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related science required;
- 1+ years of experience in an environmental field (Incinerator or Chemical plant, Commercial Laboratory or hazardous chemical/waste materials laboratory);
- Working knowledge of GC/GCMS instrumentation;
- Working knowledge of ICP, IC, and other laboratory instrumentation;
- Strong knowledge of chemistry and an operations mind set;
- Strong knowledge of RCRA regulations and SW846/EPA methodologies for analysis;
- Prior supervisory experience (1-2+) is preferred;
- Experience with QA/QC, Lab certification and production preferred;
- Good organizational and problem solving skills;
- Attentive to details; self-motivated
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.